This blog is about my 2 cents worth opinion on life, my lessons learnt from animated movies and things I thought was interesting after my research on internet.
1) Your love and respect for your mom goes to a whole new level when you become a mom yourself – wonder if men have similar feelings about their dads !
2) Having said that for men I believe their love and respect for mom goes to a whole new level when they move out of mom’s house and to another level when their get married.
3) Women would love to share their problems, work issues with partners/friends as a vent. It does not mean they are looking for a solution or an opinion. The recipient is just expected to go with the flow and acknowledge the venting. Trying it solve it will bring up an argument, trying to find fault / taking sides will mark doomsday.
4) When Men have issues, they would rather go out with their friends for beer than talk about it. They may never discuss the problems, either quietly think about it over a drink or get completely distracted from the issue. This works fine for them - This does not mean he values/trusts his friends more than you ( msg for a good friend!)
5) Life is a wave, when you have your share of crap just hang in there with hope, it takes a turn and goes up again. End of the day it all balances out. Infact you tend to appreciate the tiny little good things like no traffic on road, good cup of coffee when you have had your share of crap.
6) Life is a lot better when you start appreciating the little things as above. There are times you won’t even have them
7) Even when you have everything you never feel contended, you still find a way to long for something you don’t have. Always look back at your life, it will give you enough reasons to be happy today
8) Life is wonderful when you accept people, job and other things as they are. The more flaws you find the unhappy you get. But if you cannot find anything positive/ if it isn’t adding any value to your life you should move on.
9) All the wonderful things you get at home are taken as default and you never realize the real worth until you are deprived of it. You even start missing the fighting with big brother for the remote/ last piece of a chocolate..even the idly that drove you nuts by appearing in the breakfast table on a daily basis for 25 years.
10) 50 % of the toys you buy for your kids are things that you wanted to play as a kid or hoping your child will give you a turn to play with it.
Picked up from cartoons
11) Lion King - When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on to the world. Works perfectly for me..if not for anyone else – it is a wonderful feeling
12) Cars - Winning is not everything. When you lose, it prepares you to be strong and more prepared for the next venture.
13) Tangled – Dream, pursue your dream. Nothing else gives you the contentment of living your dream..…and then don’t forget to go find another dream, otherwise life gets boring
14) Happy Feat/Ratatouille/Dumbo – Being unique is not necessarily the bad thing. How you use it makes the whole difference
15) Tom & Jerry – Fighting with someone does not necessarily make them your enemy. If you don’t have them, your life isn’t complete. Strangely lot of marriages work this way :)
From Research – Strange Syndromes
16) Stockholm Syndrome - Paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors. The victims became emotionally attached to their captors, and even defended them after they were freed. I sort of understand Aishwarya Rai/Vikram in Ravanan movie ( never thought Sita had a thing for Ravanan in the epic though)
17) Lima Syndrome – Inverse of Stockholm syndrome in which abductors develop sympathy for their hostages. Roja movie?
18) Folie à deux Syndrome - (from the French for “a madness shared by two”) is a rare psychiatric syndrome in which a symptom of psychosis is transmitted from one person to another. This disorder usually happens with people living in close proximity to one another – such as husbands and wives
19) Pica- Pica is a compulsion to eat non-edible objects. Sufferers have been known to consume paper, dirt, paint, hair, glue, rocks, lint and laundry detergent. There is no concrete cause, but pica is believed by many to result from a mineral deficiency, and as such, it's found most frequently in pregnant women - Eating sambal is probably not a myth or craziness..merely deficiency
20) Blog de’ net Syndrome – a Syndrome where a person who is constantly demotivated/ bored at work updates Facebook, comments on other’s wall constantly, write blog articles with non-sense and tortures everyone to read it. ME :)